Home Loan Eligibilty Calculator
Eligibility for a home loan is determined by factors such as your monthly income, current age,
credit score, fixed monthly financial obligations, credit history, retirement age, and so on.
With the Home Loan Eligibility Calculator, you can have peace of mind knowing all the details
about your loan.
These calculators are provided only as general self-help Planning Tools. Results depend on many
factors, including the assumptions you provide. We do not guarantee their accuracy or
applicability to your circumstances. NRI should input net income.
What is Home Loan Eligibility?
Home loan eligibility is defined as a set of criteria by which a financial institution determines a customer's creditworthiness to obtain and repay a specific loan amount. Home loan eligibility is determined by factors such as age, financial situation, credit history, credit score, and other financial obligations, among others.
Home Loan Eligibility Criteria
- Current Age and Remaining Work Period: The applicant's age plays an important role in determining mortgage eligibility. Maximum loan terms are usually limited to 30 years.
- Age limit for Salaried employee: 21 to 60 years old or retirement whichever is lower.
- Age limit for self-employed: 21 to 65 years old.
- Minimum wage: 10,000 Per Month.
- Minimum business income: Rs 1,80,000 per year.
- Maximum loan term: 30 years.
- Financial situation: The applicant's current and future income has a significant impact on determining the loan amount.
- Past and Current Credit History and Credit Score: A history of net repayment is considered positive.
- Other financial liabilities: Existing liabilities such as automobile loans and credit card loans
How to enhance Home Loan eligibility?
The eligibility for home loans can be enhanced by
- Adding an earning family member as a co-applicant.
- Availing of a structured repayment plan.
- Ensuring a steady income flow, regular savings, and investments.
- Furnishing details of your regular additional income sources.
- Keeping a record of your variable salary components.
- Taking actions to rectify errors (if any) in your credit score.
- Repaying ongoing loans and short terms debts
How to use Eligibility Calculator?
Home Loan Eligibility Calculator facilitates checking eligibility for housing loans online.
- Gross Income (Monthly) in ₹: Input gross monthly income. NRI should input net income.
- Loan Tenure (In Years): Input the desired loan term for which you wish to avail the loan. A longer tenure helps in enhancing the eligibility.
- Interest Rate (% P.A.): Input prevailing housing loan interest rate. Click here to know the prevailing interest rates
- Other EMIs (Monthly): Input the EMIs of the other loans you may have